This article is part of the network’s archive of useful research information. This article is closed to new comments due to inactivity. We welcome new content which can be done by submitting an article for review or take part in discussions in an open topic or submit a blog post to take your discussions online.
This handbook describes the methods used to perform accurate, precise and standardized anthropometric measurements for all components of the INTERGROWTH-21st study, including:
- Height and weight of pregnant mothers
- Birth weight, length and head circumference of newborns
- Weight, length and head circumference of preterm babies
- Neurodevelopmental milestones and associated behaviours are similar among healthy children across diverse geographical locations
- Postnatal growth standards for preterm infants: the Preterm Postnatal Follow-up Study of the INTERGROWTH-21st Project
- International Fetal Growth Standards - latest charts available